Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fuller people !

Are you content?  Are you happy?  Most people cannot answer this question straight.  Simple question, but difficult answers.  Why such an inquiry yields evasions, expressions and eternal pauses?

The story of John Lennon makes this difficult question simple, or does it make? Quoting him makes absolute sense -

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life'.

People who classify as simple would say that ' happiness is a state of mind' and people can choose to be happy.   But most people would disagree.   Happiness is a result.   There are multiple causes for 'making somebody happy'.  A psychologist would term it as 'external stimulation'.
Happiness is through eternal optimism.

Another question that stays is that - should happiness be an aim in life?  I would agree.  One can be restless to be happy.  People deserve happiness.  And happiness can be a choice.  So, why can't it be an aim?  That is closely related to what I term, as 'eternal optimism'.

Now eternal optimism, for a runner, blogger and a salesman, boils down to 'its not over till its over', and 'when it is over, there is always next time'.  You might have failed, but well, rise, and life goes on.   There is another opportunity to prove.   

This irritates most people - either they are suffer from negative inertia, or want to temper with 'realism'.   I would agree that factoring failures should be part of planning, but mostly people would be blind in moving forward due to extreme caution, which results in negative inertia. 

Positiveness, and therefore happiness is a result of two things - looking straight at your goal, and secondly, try fulfilling those gaps that makes you fuller.  Fuller? I mean, complete.  Complete is a perfectionist word, so  fuller is more appropriate.  Fill in those small gaps - create your identity.  The identity is what makes you happy.  The fuller you.  
Add content to create fuller people!

But that is on the premise that you will be optimist, but tempered with realism.   Can we be pessimistic and be happy?  I have tried, but failed to link both.   But what I realized is this that if you keep filling 'content' that is filling those gaps, you will become happier and fuller people.

- Ashok Speaks








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home